1998.3-f19 Fonds West Pubnico Wharf-Grand Quai

grand quaI

Institution name :

 

 

Les Archives père Clarence d`Entremont

Title and statement of responsibility area:

 

 

West Pubnico Wharf fonds

Date(s) of creation:

 

 

[19-?]

Physical description area:

 

 

8 cm of textual records

Biographical sketch:

 

 

The first section of the Long Wharf (Grand Quai, Government Wharf) was constructed with earth in 1885-6. The following year a second part of wood was constructed to make the Long Wharf a total of 666 feet (203 meters) long. The wooden part of the wharf was demolished in 1955 by hurricane Edna, and then most of what was left of the wharf was demolished by cutting the posts.

 

Custodial history:

 

 

Records were collected from the Department of Public Works by Hector d’Entremont, brother of Père Clarence, and given to Père Clarence who donated it to the Société Historique de Pubnico-Ouest

 

Scope and content:

 

 

Fonds consists of correspondence and documents dating from the year 1901 to 1955

 

Source of supplied title proper:

 

 

Title based on contents of fonds

Physical condition:

 

 

Fragile, some of the documents are largely missing due to being eaten by mice

 

Language:

 

 

Some records are in French and English

Retrieval code:

 

 

1998.3-f19

Finding aids:

 

 

Box list available

Provenance:

 

 

d’Entremont, Hector 1918-1987

Subject Headings:

 

 

 

Topical:

 

 

Department of Public Works
Correspondence